Zedd DJ Setup For Awesome SetsCarmine Mastropierro
Learning piano at 4 years old and drums at 12 years old, it’s no surprise Zedd became such an incredible musician and producer. His real name is Anton Zaslavski and he was born on September 2nd, 1989 in Kaiserslautern, Germany. After leaving the German deathcore band Dioramic, he pursued a color career under the name of Zedd to produce electronic music. In 2010 he won two Beatport remix contests that got him a lot of attention. Two years he signed with Interscope Records and he’s worked with Skrillex, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber and more. For aspiring DJ’s, this the setup he uses for making tracks and doing live sets.
Zedd DJ Setup
The DJM-900 NXS features some of the best computer connectivity, unique effects, high performance, and sound quality that will blow away the crowd. When you are trying to be a serious DJ, you need a nice setup on stage for making awesome sets. Zedd has used the Pioneer DJM-900NXS with great success so check it out.
- Multitude of effects including color effects and beat effects to make your sets awesome.
- The new X-Pad control system lets you quickly manipulate parameters of the new beat effects.
- Has a built-in 24bit/96kHz high performance soundcard for amazing sound.
- The Pro DJ Link can connect up to 4 CDJ-2000/900s for group sets.
- Top panel USB connector for DVS software.
Pioneer CDJ-2000-NXS Digital DJ Turntable.
No DJ setup is complete without a good turntable. The CDJ-2000 is the first turntable to offer wi-fi connectivity and is connectable to the Pioneer phone app. There are also new functions such as Beat Sync, Wave Zoom and Slip. The beautiful selection screen will give you a great experience and they have also implemented increased visibility of the needle search pad.
- The industries first DJ turntable that has Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Free rekordbox music management software included.
- Incredible 6″ full color LCD display with new user interface.
- Pro DJ Link to connect other products.
- Performance functions including slip mode, quantize, and others.
M-Audio Axiom 61.
A MIDI keyboard is a great tool in any home studio. It enables you to take all of the creativity in your head and get it out onto an actual track. The M-Audio Axiom 61 controller combines all the production power and performance you need to get the most from your music software and MIDI gear.
- 61 piano style, semi weighted keys makes playing it fun and easy.
- A total of 9 mixer style faders and 8 rotary encoders for a lot of control over your music creation.
- A better positioned LCD screen makes it much easier to navigate through everything in the heat of a set.
- No complex setup is required to use this bad boy with the DirectLink mode.
- Axiom Instrument creates instant access to virtual instrument settings.
From the large aperture drivers, sound isolating earcups and robust construction, the M50 provides an unmatched experience for the most serious audio professionals. It doesn’t matter if you are in the studing cooking up your next banger, on stage performing or just listening to music. You owe it to yourself as a musician to invest into a nice pair of headphones.
- Critically acclaimed sound quality by top some of the top audio engineers and audio reviewers.
- Proprietary 45 mm drivers composed of rare earth magnets and copper clad aluminum wire coils.
- Experience a wide range of awesome sound quality no matter what frequencies are used. This makes it perfect for mixing and mastering.
- A design made to keep external sound out so you can focus on your music and set better.
- Easy to one-ear monitor that is also comfortable for long studio sessions.
Zedd Studio Monitor
Studio monitors give you that raw sound every producer is looking for. You’ll never have to second guess how your mix sounds with these studio monitors. Regular headphones/speakers add to various frequencies like the low end for example which is cool when you’re listening to tunes but not when you’re producing. The VXT monitors achieve a new level of precision with a beautiful design that is just as functional. It features low resonance, extended low-end, slotted ports, and excellent imaging.
- The woofer is an 8″ woven kevlar.
- The tweeter is a 1″ silk dome ferrite.
- Frequency Response: 37Hz to 22kHz +/-1.5dB.
Zedd uses Cubase and it’s one of the most popular digital audio workstations right now. Due to its pristine sound quality, intuitive handling and unrivaled range of advanced tools, Cubase is not only considered by many users as the most complete DAW on the market today, but also sets the benchmark for contemporary music production software. It may not be as popular as FL Studio or other work stations but there’s a reason even a worldclass artist like Zedd uses it.
- Award winning 32 bit float Steinberg audio engine.
- Up to an impressive 192 kHz, 5.1 surround, flexible routing.
- Implement up to 256 physical inputs and outputs so you are never left empty handed.
- MixConsole gives you a pro mixing experience with VCA faders, loudness meter, wave meters, and more
- Comes with over 90 high end audio and MIDI VST’s.
If there is one tool that is used by all major producers, it’s Pro Tools. It’s an awesome software to have in your arsenal for achieving that perfect mix you’ve always tried to get. Engineers like Noah Shebib swear by it and of course Zedd himself loves it.
- Compose, record, edit, and mix great music like the pros do.
- Over 60 virtual instruments, effects, sound processing, and plug-ins to give you all the tools you need to make those hits.