Sodapoppin Stream Setup & GearCarmine
Sodapoppin is one of the biggest live streamers on Twitch.tv and has been a prominent member of the gaming community for many years. He started gaining popularity for his skill in the MMORPG World of Warcraft and we can’t leave out his wild personality. Sodapoppin was known for being extremely entertaining with his excited, quirky, and random persona. Over time he’s slowed down to take streaming more serious as he nets an impressive income from it. We’re going to break down what equipment Sodapoppin uses to stream and more.
First lets take a look at his background behind streaming. His real name is Thomas Morris, he’s 22 years old from Texas but lives in Michigan with a fellow streamer and friend. Sodapoppin first began uploading videos onto Youtube such as lets-plays of the horror game Amnesia. He began streaming approximately four years ago on Xfire which was the original Twitch.tv if you need a comparison. People tuned in like us to watch him go wild on World of Warcraft, troll other players, and be the crazy guy he is.
Eventually streaming became Thomas’ full time job and he shifted his behavior and brand to a much more professional tone. This was a very intelligent move to avoid getting banned or breaking terms of service with Twitch.tv. He’s still himself and brings in thousands of viewers on a daily basis. If you want to reach the success Sodapoppin has, this is the gear he uses himself.
What Keyboard Does Sodapoppin Use?
Sodapoppin uses the Corsair K70 RBG gaming keyboard. With wrist support and Gold contact Cherry MX mechanical keys, you’ll be gaming like a pro instantly. To play at your best capabilities, you need the fastest mechanical keyboard there is. RapidFire’s lightning-quick responsiveness and 100% anti-ghosting technology gives you an unfair combination of speed and precision. The forged aluminum frame can take the beating of long gaming sessions on a daily basis for years without wear.
- Corsair’s fastest mechanical keyboard they have ever produced.
- 100% anti-ghosting.
- 100% Cherry MX Speed gaming key switches.
- Aircraft grade anodized brushed aluminum frame makes this keyboard extremely durable.
Also used by: Summit1g, SKT1 Faker, Valkia, DrDisRespect
What Mouse Does Sodapoppin use?
Just like a good keyboard is important for gaming, you also need a solid mouse. Sodapoppin is currently using the Corsair Scimitar and for good reason. It’s reminiscent of the Razer Naga that sported multiple side buttons for quicker playing.
The Scimitar RGB gaming mouse will change how you play games with a key slider control system, 12 side buttons, and an incredible 12,000 DPI sensor. If you play MMO’s or MOBA’s you will love this mouse.
- Exclusive key slider macro button.
- 12 optimized mechanical buttons on the side you can customize.
- 12000 DPI sensor for amazing precision.
- Dynamic multicolor backlighting.
What Monitor Does Sodapoppin Use?
With higher resolution and clarity at your disposal you’ll be able to game at a much higher efficiency. Sodapoppin uses the ASUS ROG SWIFT 27 inch gaming monitor. It’s one of the best that you can currently get on the market if you’re willing to dish out the money.
- Impressive 27 inch 2560 x 1440 resolution with a fast 144Hz refresh rate and minimal 1ms response time
- Don’t worry about your eyes getting fatigued or feeling off because this monitor features ASUS Eye care technology and it’s TUV certified Flicker free.
- Display port and dual USB 3.0 ports.
What Graphics Card Does Sodapoppin Use?
It shouldn’t be a surprise that Sodapoppin utilizies one of the most popular graphics card on the market. The EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 was built with power and efficiency in mind. It uses high bandwidth technology to deliver the smoothest and fastest gaming experience possible. A quality GPU is a true investment every gamer should make. It allows you to play games at very high settings with smooth FPS, who doesn’t enjoy that?
- Clock speed of 1708 MHz with 8192MB of GDDR5X memory.
- It’s unique cooling will keep you gaming for long periods without issues.
- DX12 OSD Support with EVGA Precision XOC.
- 3 Year Warranty & EVGA’s 24/7 Technical Support so you’ll have help every step of the way.
What CPU does Sodapoppin Use?
The Intel Core i7-6850K processor enables simultaneous, compute intensive, multi-threaded workloads, powered by 6 cores and 12 threads. The CPU is one of the most important components in a gaming PC. If you have a desktop already and are looking to upgrade or are in the process of creating one, this CPU should be on your list. Thunderbolt technology along with up to 40 PCIe 3.0 lanes can support for high speed storage. CPU is the brains of your computer so smarten up your machine!
- 6 Core/12 Thread.
- 4 Channels DDR4 2400 with one DIMM per Channel.
- Up to 40 Lanes PCIe 3.0 (2×16+1×8)