Produce Like The Best – Martin Garrix Studio SetupCarmine
Martijn Gerard Garritsen is better known as his alias Martin Garrix and is one of the worlds best producers, DJ’s and musicians. He was born on May 14th, 1996 and in 2016 he founded his own label STMPD RCRDS after being with Spinnin’ Records. Martin has worked with other notable acts including Tiesto, Usher, Afrojack, Bebe Rexha and others.
At the age of six, Martin’s passion for music had already surfaced. After seeing Tiesto perform at the Olympic Games in Athens, his interested for DJing began to grow wildly. He was particularly excited about the Traffic track which inspired him to get FL Studio and begin making music himself. Martin went on to finish school at the Brood Herman Academy for production while also studying sculpture and architecture. By the time he was only 14 years old, he was ghost producing for other local DJ’s.
After years of grinding, Martix had made a real name for himself in 2013 with the release of his single Animals. It became a global success, ranking highly in places like Europe at position 9. He was the youngest artists to reach the #1 spot on Beatport as well. His next big hit was a remix of Project T from Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike. Tiesto invited Martin out to mix in his solo concert during the Amsterdam Dance Event in 2013 as well so he quickly was getting recognition among the world’s best artists.
Garrix is a great inspiration for anyone producing and engineering. Step up your producing and DJ game to get as great as him with the same equipment he uses below.
Martin Garrix Studio Setup
Martin Garrix Keyboard
Roland is a Japanese company that has been making some of the world’s best music equipment for years and years. Martin himself loves to use the Calkwalk keyboard from them which is a MIDI/USB controller perfect for studio or stage work. It’s engineering to get the most out of your recording sessions and live sets.
- A brightly lit LED display so you can easily navigate through settings and editing.
- Want to make some drum rhythms from scratch? No problem! The 8 velocity sensitive and lighted pads will help you record anything that comes from your fingertips.
- A dedicated transport section that can be remapped if you like.
- Get all of the tweaks and adjustments you like with console style faders.
Martin Garrix DJ Setup
When you’re on stage in front a crowd you want a good mixer to back you up. This will allow you to keep your performance and set well balanced through out the night. Martin enjoys using the DJX750 from Behringer and I can personally vouch for their brands high quality products as a producer myself.
- A sleek, 5 channel, low noise DJ mixer you’ll love.
- High end digital effects to make your sets even crazier with advanced controls.
- Beat sync display and intelligent BPM counter so you never miss a beat.
- Ultraglide faders are smooth to the touch and live up to 500,000 life cycles.
- Adjustable XPQ stereo surround effect.
So you’re setting up for your show and you have your mixer, what’s left? The DJ player of course! Garrix has been spotted using one of the best ones on the market, the CDJ-2000 from Pioneer. It takes all of the good qualities from it’s predecessor the CDJ-2000NXS2 and revamps them. There’s an even larger multicolour touch screen, Qwerty keyboard, search filters and more.
- Professional club style DJ player that cna support SD cards, DJ software, and USB.
- Large LCD touch screen to make your sets way more enjoyable and easier.
- 8 color coded cues that consist of two banks of 4.
- 96kHz/24-bit sound card for awesome sound quality.
Martin Garrix Headphones
Whether you are in the studio making your next hit or on stage, you need a good pair of headphones. You want ones that preferably are noise cancelling so you don’t get distracted and also don’t add extra frequencies. This is to assure you get the most accurate sound of your mix and performance to deliver a better experience for the listener. Martix takes advtange of t he HDJ-2000’s from Pioneer and you should too.
- Sound isolation.
- Maximum comfort with rotatable housing and a solid build.
Martin Garrix Microphone
Need to record vocals for your song or use it as a sample to chop it up? Then you need a high quality microphone. Don’t you hate static and all of that humming you normally get too? Forget about that with the Blue Bottle Rocket Stage mic that Martin uses.
- Solid state condenser microphone to get crisp vocals.
- Comes with a B8 capsule, cable, shockmount and wooden box.
- Transformerless class A lowkey amplifier circuit.
Martin Garrix Studio Monitors
One of the most crucial items in your home studio are studio monitors. Normal headphones and speakers will usually add to frequencies in the low, mid, or highs. What happens is you don’t get an accurate idea of how your track sound since it’s adding to it. Studio monitors give you the real deal, raw sound you’re looking for. Garrix likes the The KRK Rokit 6 Generation 3 which delivers tight bass and clear mids for an awesome sound experience.
- 1″ soft dome tweeter gives great clarity up to 35kHz.
- 6″ glass aramid composite woofer gives that tight bass and nice mid range sound.
- Special waveguide technology built in to give superior stereo imaging.
- XLR, 1/4-inch and RCA inputs so you connect it in any envrionment.
- 73 watt bi-amped, class A/B amplifier for maximum headroom without all the extra distortion.
Martin Garrix DAW
Like we mentioned earlier, Martix began his producing journey using Fruity Loops. It’s used by some of the world’s best producers, engineers and musicians for its ease-of-use and simple interface. Don’t get us wrong, it takes some skill to use and has the potential to make #1 songs but with practice you’ll be just like Garrix.
- Complete software music production environment.
- Edit audio while manipulating pitch, time, slicing, sampling, warping and more.
- Capture all the inputs on your audio interface at the same time.
- There’s around 32 software synthesizers built in including Sytrus & Maximus.