Hardwell DJ Equipment: The Secret To Better SetsCarmine
Robbert van de Corput is one of the worlds best producers and DJ’s but you probably know him as Hardwell. He was born on January 7th, 1988 and is from Breda, Netherlands. He has worked with Tiesto, Jason Derulo, Headhunterz and many more famous artists. His talent has allowed him to win over a dozen music awards and travel the world doing what he loves. Do you DJ or produce electronic music? If so you can reach Hardwell’s level of success with the right gear. Here’s the studio and DJ setup he uses himself:
Hardwell DJ Equipment
What keyboard does Hardwell use?
No matter what genre of music you produce, having a MIDI controller is a needed item in your home studio. Learning to play keys is simple and easy when you get chords/scales down pat. You will be able to make awesome melodies and riffs before you know it. Hardwell has used the M-Audio Keystation for its durable build, quality keys, and features like the pitchbend wheel/modulation/pedal input.
- 49 full sized piano keys with velocity sensitivity giving you that real piano vibe.
- Has a USB MIDI connection so you can play and record all at the same time.
- Transpose and directional buttons to be more creative.
- Pitch bend, modulation, and octave controls for even more control over your tracks.
- Plug and play means no waiting.
As a DJ like yourself you know the importance of having good headphones during live sets or when producing music. You don’t want extra noise distracting you, slowing you down, or muddying your mix. Hardwell loves the DT 770’s from Beyerdynamic for mixing, critical listening and more with their unmatched sound quality. Even if you just want to listen to some tunes, nice headphones always make the experience much more enjoyable.
- Closed ear design which makes it ideal for recording, monitoring and anything inbetween. You can mix on the go, listen to your favorite music or play games
- High resolution sound makes it ideal for studio and stage time.
- Replaceable velour ear pads make sure you have a comfortable listening experience.
- Made in Germany which means quality.
Hardwell DJ Setup
This is the predecessor to the loved DJM 800 mixer. When you are on stage, having the right equipment can make all the difference in a good or bad set. The DJM-900 gives artists like Hardwell a boost in creativity and control over their sets to offer the crowd an awesome time. With up to date effects and high performance features, you’re going to blow everyone away with this.
- Multitude of effects including beat and colour ones.
- Use that new X-Pad control system to manipulate parameters on the go.
- Built-in 24bit/96kHz high performance soundcard for unmatched quality.
- Pro DJ Link that can connect up to 4 CDJ-2000/900s for group setups.
- Top panel USB connector for DVS software if needed.
No of course you don’t just need a mixer on stage, you need a real DJ player. Hardwell has taken advantaeg of Pioneer’s flagship CDJ player, the CDJ-2000. It has the industries first Wi-Fi connectivity and exciting features like wave zoom, slip, and beat sync for cool live effects. If you are serious about DJing and making incredible tracks, look at gear like this as an investment that you will have for life.
- The industry’s first DJ player that has Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Comes with rekordbox music management software.
- Stunning 6.1-Inch full color LCD display along with a new user interface.
- Sync up to 4 CDJ-2000nexus to share a single audio source.
- Performance functions including slip mode and quantize.
Okay enough about hardware, lets get into some software that Hardwell enjoys. Many talented artists, musicians and producers don’t rely on a single work station and neither does he. Ableton 9 is one of the softwares he uses and it is very popular in the industry in general. It is a powerful workstation that includes time stretching, arranging, mixing, mastering, and more features for a complete music environment.
- Audio recording at up to 32-bit/192 kH on multiple tracks.
- Includes 10 software instruments, 41 effects and Max for Live so you can start making music right away.
- Advanced warping and real time time stretching for unleashed creativity.
- Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks per song so you’re never limited.
- Includes 23 sound libraries with over 50GB of original sounds so don’t worry about not having samples.
With millions of artists, producers and sound engineers around the globe using Cubase for their musical needs, Cubase is one of the most popular digital audio workstations of our time. It isn’t as well known as Ableton or Fruity Loops but don’t let that deter you. It is a fantastic tool to have in your arsenal if you’re interested in a software that will take your music to the next level.
- Award winning 32 bit floating point Steinberg audio engine. It features up to 192 kHz, 5.1 surround, flexible routing and full automatic delay compensation for the perfect music environment.
- Unlimited audio, instrument and MIDI tracks so you have no limitations. The 256 physical inputs and outputs help that as well.
- MixConsole gives you a professional mixing experience with a high end channel strip, loudness meter, wave meters, and VCA faders.
- Over 90 amazing audio and MIDI VST effect processors so you’re ready from the jump.
Ah, Fruity Loops. The classic workstation that many have become to love these days. I have even used it myself for a few years and absolutely love it. It’s simple, friendly, but still is powerful enough that individuals like Metro Boomin swear by it.
- FL Studio 12 Producer Edition is a complete software music production environment.
- Enjoy pitch shift, harmonization, slicing, sampling, audio warping and more to make unique tracks.
- Capture all the inputs on your audio-interface at any time.
- Includes over 32 software VST’s like Sytrus & Maximus so you can start making music right now.